Monday, February 11, 2013

valentine pencils

valentine pencils

I posted these pencils two years ago here. I can't take credit for the original idea. I first saw a project like this in the gallery at ScrapMatters, and the person who posted them there first saw them on another girl's blog, and I think she saw them somewhere else, too... Anyway, I guess somebody somewhere first came up with this creative idea. :) I was also lucky enough to have a back-to-school version of the pencils I made featured in the September 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes and through CK on a local TV show, Studio 5.



I would link you to the tutorial I followed, but I never did find directions to follow, so I just made them by looking at the ones I saw. Since I first posted them on my blog, several people have e-mailed or left comments asking for directions, so I thought I would post how I made them to make it easier for anyone wanting to try these out this year. I wanted to make a photo tutorial, but I just don't know that I'm going to find the time before Valentine's Day, so here are some step-by-step directions.


Valentine Rolo Pencil Instructions

1. Cut a 3.5”x4.5” piece of yellow cardstock. Make score lines every 1/4 inch (the score lines should be parallel with the long side of the cardstock). Using pinking shears or decorative pinking scissors, cut a small strip off the short side of the cardstock. Wrap this piece around the Rolo’s, and use adhesive to hold together.

2. Cut a 3.5”x3/8” piece of pink cardstock. Wrap this around the top of the Rolo’s for the edge of the pink eraser. Trace the top of the Rolo’s on pink cardstock and cut out to get the top of your eraser. Stick this on top with adhesive.

3. Cut a 3.5”x3/8” piece of aluminum foil and adhere this around the seam where the yellow and pink cardstock meet. Use Glue Dots to adhere a Hershey’s Kiss to the bottom of the Rolo’s. This is the pencil point.

Feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment if you have any questions, and I'll try to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Stopping In, Please come back soon, I will have many new Card and Ideas as well as Video Tutorials.. I hope you have a wonderful Day!