- One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock (look for alternate measurements under variation)
- One 4 1/4" square piece of cardstock
- Scor-Pal™, or other scoring tool
- Scor-Tape™, or other strong adhesive
- Additional cardstock for card inside and card front
- Stamps, Taylored Expressions Discover your Wings used here
- Ink and Embellishments
Step 1Score the 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8".
On a Scor-Pal, the 6 3/8" measurement is marked with a dot on the upper guide.
Step 2Prefold all score lines.
First fold the card in half, then fold the second score line (6 3/8") opposite from the 4 1/4" score line.
Step 3Place cardstock on table with the 4 1/4" side down.
Add Scor-Tape to the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section cardstock that is facing up.
Step 4Remove the Scor-Tape liner and adhere the 4 1/4" cardstock square to the card base.
Line up the top of the square with the top of the 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" section.
This creates the easel card base.
Step 5Decorate the card front.
Step 6Decorate the card inside.
To make the easel card stand up by itself, add an embellishment or an extra layer (for this sample, it's the punched layer) the inside of your card. This that will keep the card front from closing.
It is best to have that embellishment or layer at least 1/3" into the card from the bottom up.